Lap Band Surgery
Lap banding or laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding involves the surgeon placing an adjustable band around the upper or top part of the stomach. The band divides the stomach into two portions – one small and one larger portion. Food digestion occurs through the normal digestive process, but most patients feel full faster.
- Least invasive way to use surgery to reduce the amount of food your stomach can hold.
- This procedure restricts the amount of food that can be eaten at a meal.
- The food passes through the digestive tract in the usual manner, allowing it to be fully absorbed into the body.
- The band can be adjusted to increase or decrease restriction.
- The surgery can be reversed.
Free Informational Seminar
For an in-depth look at lap band surgery, we strongly suggest attending one of our Free Informational Seminars.
Take an in-depth look at lap band surgery in our health library.
Learn more about the other surgery options we offer:
This video may be difficult for some to watch. Viewer discretion is advised.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call 701-234-4111.