Kohl’s Caring Hands - Fargo
The Kohl’s Caring Hands program is designed to help parents understand why their baby is crying and also how to calm both the baby and themselves. The most important thing for frustrated parents is to know they are not alone and many other parents feel the same way when their baby cries consistently – frustrated and helpless. It is okay for a frustrated parent and/or caretaker to walk away in order to calm themselves.
- Put the baby in a safe place such as in a crib or playpen in another room.
- Breathe slowly and count to 10 to slow down the pace of your breathing
- Step outside onto a patio or front step for fresh air
- Call a trusted friend and family member to talk to. Have that person come over if possible.
- Ask for help from a trusted friend, neighbor, and family member.
- NEVER shake a baby. This causes brain damage and even death.
Access educational materials and helpful links.
Prevent Child Abuse North Dakota
CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Shaken Baby Prevention, Inc.
National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome
This class will inform participants about the best practices in safe sleep for baby, ways to bond and play with baby, how to create a safe home for baby, and how to stay calm when baby is fussy. You won't want to miss out on this valuable information.Learn More