Sanford Eating Disorders & Weight Management Center
Sanford Eating Disorders & Weight Management Center is here to help people who struggle with physical, behavioral or emotional relationships with food and weight. Through medical-management, it’s our goal to help you find the support and resources to help you regain greater control.
It’s about hope and support.
Eating disorders and weight issues can be life-threatening.
We are here to say that hope exists. Our caring team of specialists from multiple disciplines understands the issues involved. We have the medical expertise to provide appropriate medical care and support. We work with patients and their families throughout the process. This is not a journey you can take alone. We will walk this path with you.
Services we provide include:
- Eating Disorders cares for men and women suffering from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating and other eating disorders. Treatment options include outpatient, partial care or inpatient care.
- Partial Hospital Treatment
When OP care is not enough, but full hospital treatment is not indicated, the EDWMC Partial Hospital Program at Sanford offers more intensive treatment for teens and adults dealing with eating disorders. Patients take part in a full range of evidence based therapies designed to help overcome eating disorders. Patients live off site but spend each weekday from 7:15 a.m.-6.30 p.m. in the partial hospital. Intensive outpatient services, with shorter daily hours, are offered through the partial hospital program as well.
- Inpatient Care
When an eating disorder is considered life-threatening, close monitoring is often required. Those who fail to respond to outpatient treatment or partial hospitalization, or whose medical or individual treatment needs require it, may be admitted into the EDWMC Inpatient Eating Disorders Program located at Sanford Hospital. Treatment during the inpatient stage is intensive ranging from milieu management to individual therapy to family based therapies. The EDWMC staff provide individualized guidance and support throughout the patient’s hospital stay.
- Partial Hospital Treatment
- Get the Support You Need - You are invited to attend an Eating Disorders Family and Friends Support Group for individuals who have a loved one with an eating disorder. This support group is dedicated to providing a comfortable, supportive, and confidential environment. Information will be provided about eating disorders and tools to aid in your loved one’s recovery will be explored. Group is open to friends, parents, partners, and adult children. Second Thursday of the Month - 5:30-7 p.m.; Sanford Health South University- Room 1A-2. For more information, please contact Kara Woodbury Fladland, LPCC at 701-234-4111.
- Weight Loss Surgery cares for obese patients with high risk health issues related to their weight. We provide the essential tools and educational information to promote a lifetime of success before and after surgery.
- Weight Loss Management focuses on medication, interventions (if needed), individual and group nutritional classes, meal replacements, psychological evaluation and support as well as exercise options.
Don’t spend another day thinking change isn’t possible. Contact us today. We’re here to help.
1717 S University Drive
Fargo, ND 58103
(800) 437-4010 ext.4111