Diabetes Education and Nutrition Therapy
Sanford Certified Diabetes Educators provide individualized counseling for Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes including:
- Individual and group instruction for diabetes
- Continuous Glucose Monitor instruction
- Insulin pump training and education
Our Registered Dietitians provide individualized Nutrition Therapy for:
- Diabetes - Type 1, Type 2, and gestational
- Weight management - Overweight/obese, underweight, eating disorders, weight loss surgery
- Heart diseases - Hypertension, dyslipidemia, coronary artery disease
- Women’s health- Pregnancy, osteoporosis, anemia, polycystic ovary syndrome
- Children’s health - Infant/child feeding, failure-to-thrive, errors of metabolism
- Digestive disorders - Celiac disease, cirrhosis, Crohn’s disease
- Unbalanced nutrition - Allergies, substance abuse recovery
- Kidney disease - Chronic kidney disease, kidney stones
- Nutrition for cancer – Prevention, therapy and recurrence
- General nutrition and meal planning
Programs Diabetes Education and Nutrition Therapy offers include:
- Diabetes Self-Management Training: Sanford’s Diabetes Education Program is recognized through the American Diabetes Association by meeting their high standards of education and care. Dietitians and certified diabetes educators provide individual appointments and group classes designed to help people with diabetes become empowered by learning diabetes self-management practices.
- Diabetes Exercise Program: An eight-week program of exercise and education for patients with diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- Adult Weight Loss Program: A medically supervised weight loss program that takes an innovative approach to weight management with the ultimate goal of becoming an “intuitive” eater. The program’s team includes physicians, dietitians, psychologists and fitness/exercise trainers. Meal replacements may be incorporated. It is a combination of individual visits and group classes.
- New Weigh of Life: A series of classes for patients seeking weight loss surgery. This class is designed to help establish lifelong eating and activity habits before and after weight loss surgery.
- Diabetes Prevention Program: The Diabetes Prevention Program can help you take control of your health and focus on realistic life changes that will last.
Posted Date: November 2014