For your first clinic visit, we strongly recommend that you and your partner both attend. Please plan for 2-3 hours for this first appointment. You will spend much of your first visit talking with your physician about your medical history and discussing your treatment options. He or she will answer any questions you may have about causes and treatment of infertility as well as our success rates, and together you will discuss the plan that best suits your needs. You may also have the chance to speak with a genetic counselor, a psychologist and a financial counselor depending upon your individual needs. Preliminary blood work and testing, as well as an ultrasound are also possible during this first visit.
Get the most out of your appointment
It's always best to be prepared before a visit. Here are a few things to consider before meeting with your physician
- Come prepared with notes and/or questions
- Bring your insurance and prescription cards
- Bring records of previous treatments or pertinent OB/GYN records, such as HSG reports or hormone testing
- Bring an up-to-date calendar. You will be busy the next several months with diagnostic testing and fertility treatment, so having a calendar handy will help us schedule your appointments around your life.
- Please contact us if questions arise or if circumstances change. It is always ok and encouraged to e-mail or call us with concerns. We want you to be informed every step of the way.
- While our team makes recommendations, you are never required to proceed with a given treatment or timeline. If you feel the plan is too aggressive or not aggressive enough, tell your physician. We want to hear your opinions and respect your wishes.
Call (605) 328-8800 to schedule a consultation.