Pediatrics - Surgery - South Dakota - Sioux Falls
Sanford Children's Hospital is the flagship pediatric provider for Sanford Health, a large regional health provider that recently received a gift of $400 million dollars from well-known philanthropist, T. Denny Sanford. A significant portion of these funds are earmarked for pediatric care to enhance its mission of clinical service, education, and research. Visit www.sanfordchildrens.org for physician profiles.
- Sanford Children’s is a group of 60+ pediatric sub-specialists with most pediatric medical and surgical subspecialties represented – the group is rapidly growing and the team of physicians provide a rich environment for those interested in joining an energetic and supportive faculty
- Large case volume including neonatal index cases, general and thoracic surgery, trauma, and ECMO
- State-of-the-art surgical tower with 35 surgical suites
- In March of 2009, Sanford Children's Hospital opened providing 120 beds solely dedicated to the care of children
- Level III NICU with 58 beds, Private rooms
- Sanford is the only ACS verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in the state
- Teaching medical students and residents is a requirement, and a faculty title in the Departments of Pediatrics and Surgery of the Sanford School of Medicine of The University of South Dakota commensurate with the level of experience of the candidate
- Surgical and Pediatric Residency Programs
Sanford Health is the largest rural not-for-profit health care system in the nation and is dedicated to excellence in patient care, innovation and pioneering integrated care. Our model of integrated health provides care through physicians, hospitals, health plan, research and education. Our reputation of excellence is founded on our talented team of over 1,400 primary and specialty care physicians located in 140 locations throughout Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana.
Community: The City of Sioux Falls is one of the fastest growing areas in the Midwest, currently totaling over 180,000 in the greater Sioux Falls area. Sioux Falls, the largest city in the state, balances an excellent quality of life, a strong economy, and a safe, clean living environment. The cost of living is competitive with other leading cities in the region and South Dakota has no state income tax. Sioux Falls offers all the amenities of a community twice its size such as fine dining, shopping, arts, sports, and nightlife. South Dakota is known for its world class hunting and fishing along with national parks and a wide variety of landscapes to enjoy through its four seasons.
Sioux Falls Newspaper
Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce
Sioux Falls Public Schools
Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science
For more information about this practice opportunity or to forward your CV for consideration contact: Mary Jo Burkman, Director of Physician Recruitment