Medicial Geneticist - South Dakota - Sioux Falls
Medical Geneticist Opportunity in Sioux Falls, SD
Sanford Health is seeking a clinical geneticist. This position is approximately 50% clinical time with the remaining time dedicated towards the development of a new genetics residency and ultimately with the role of the program director. Applicants with a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Experience > 4 years preferred.
Sanford Health is affiliated with the Sanford School of Medicine of the University of SD which has multiple residencies including pediatrics, family medicine, internal medicine, surgery and psychiatry.
- Join three clinical geneticists, multiple molecular geneticists and genetic counselors
- Research opportunities available
- Genetic Counseling Program started in 2016 with a joint effort between Sanford Health and Augustana University
- Imagenetics Initiative emphasizes genetics for all patients
- Nationally competitive salary with a comprehensive physician benefit package including Paid CME, PTO Malpractice, Disability, Relocation Allowance and No State Income Tax
Sanford Health System
Sanford Health is one of the largest, not-for-profit health care systems in the nation with 44 hospitals and nearly 300 clinics in nine states and nine countries. Sanford Health serves the Upper Midwest, with nearly 1,400 physicians in 81 specialty areas of medicine.
About Sanford Health in Sioux Falls
- 545-bed hospital
- Large referral area
- Research opportunities
- Serving a city population of 250,000
Sioux Falls Community
Sioux Falls is one of the fastest growing areas in the Midwest. As the largest city in the state, it balances an excellent quality of life and strong economy with a safe, clean living environment. The cost of living is competitive and South Dakota has no state income tax. Sioux Falls offers amenities of a community twice its size such as fine dining, shopping, arts, sports and nightlife.
For more information, contact: