Hematopathologist - North Dakota - Fargo
Pathology - Anatomic and Clinical
FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA (USA). Sanford Health's multi-subspecialty hospital-based pathology group is seeking an AP/CP Board Certified, Hematopathology fellowship-trained pathologist for a full-time position. Position ideally intended for hematopathology signout only; however, opportunity for some surgical pathology signout would be available.
• Guaranteed salary first 2 years, with upside opportunity starting year 2
• 14 pathologists (13 subspecialty fellowship-trained), 6 grossing/pathology assistants
• Subspecialized signout of hematopathology, cytopathology, and dermatopathology
• Hybrid subspecialty model for surgical pathology with emphasis in a subset of organ systems
• Annual volume of 50000+ surgical cases, including 650 bone marrows
• 3 board-certified hematopathologists cover all bone marrows, flow cytometry (1500/year, 10-color), peripheral blood reviews, molecular signout, serum protein
electrophoresis & immunofixation, and surgical & cytology lymphoma workups
• Laboratory medical directorships
• Level I Trauma and Comprehensive Stroke Center
• Comprehensive benefits, 401k w/match, relocation allowance, and paid CME
Sanford Health is one of the largest health care systems in the nation, with 44 hospitals and nearly 482 clinics in 26 states and nine countries. Sanford is dedicated to the integrated delivery of health care, genomic medicine, senior care and services, global clinics, research and affordable insurance. Nearly $1 billion in gifts from philanthropist Denny Sanford have transformed how Sanford Health improves the human condition.
Sanford’s Fargo Region has over 660 licensed beds and employs 640 physicians. Fargo is a metropolitan area with a population of about 240,000 and roughly 30,000 college students. Clear blue lakes are just 45 minutes from Fargo in west-central Minnesota, and Minneapolis/St. Paul is just a three hour drive. The community is known for steady growth, highly-trained workforce with an unemployment rate under 3%, business-friendly environment, outstanding quality of life, strong schools, airport, low crime, and reasonable costs of living.
Laura Aukland, MBA – Physician Recruiter