Family Medicine Geriatrics - North Dakota - Fargo
Sanford Health, the major teaching hospital for University of North Dakota, is currently recruiting BC/BE Internal Medicine physicians to join a medically innovative IM group in the growing city of Fargo, North Dakota. Faculty appointments are available in the new UND Department of Geriatrics commensurate with training and experience level. In addition to a large metropolitan catchment, Sanford Health in Fargo is a rural referral hospital and the largest rural, not-for-profit health care system in the Nation and the largest employer in the Dakotas.
- Sanford Health in Fargo employs full time hospitalists, allowing internists to focus on the Patient Centered Medical Home model of healthcare. Ambulatory care internists may provide 6 weeks of hospital coverage as teaching faculty.
- Clinic based internists have telephone call only. (1-2 weeknights/month and 1 weekend of call every three months).
- The Internal Medicine group works as “provider teams”, including a physician, geriatric nurse practitioner, health coach, primary nurse, and gero-pharmacist.
- Practice includes the continuum of healthcare with advanced practice providers regularly roundingon skilled nursing facility patients with the physician team rounding monthly.
- Sanfordinternists are encouraged to pursue innovative projects such as team based care, advanced medical home projects, collaborative pharmacists (agreements), and shared medical appointments.
- ThroughSanford’s collaboration with the University of North Dakota School of Medicine, internists have the opportunity to teach and mentor medical students, residents and geriatric fellows.
- A new $494 million state-of-the-art medical center opened in July 2017.
Sanford Health offers Nationally Competitive two-year guarantee with an additional Physician Benefit package including, 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Paid CME, Paid Time Away, Malpractice, Disability, Relocation Allowance.
- Fargo, ND Community Information
- Metro population: 240,000; Regional service area: 1.2 million
- Visitor Information
To learn more about this practice opportunity or to forward your CV for consideration contact: Lisa Christianson, Physician Recruiter