Emergency Medicine Physician-EMS Medical Director - North Dakota - Fargo
FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA (USA). Sanford Health, an integrated multi-specialty health system, is seeking a BE/BC Emergency Medicine physician to lead our EMS program. EMS fellowship-training is preferred, but not required.
- Position is approximately 0.25 FTE administrative and 0.75 FTE working clinically in the ED
- Supportive group of 20 EM physicians and F-M Ambulance 125 F-M Ambulance team members
- We also operate several rural ambulance services that includes another 50 team members
- Level I ACS verified Adult Trauma Center & Level II Pediatric Trauma Center
- F-M Ambulance is a CAAS accredited agency
- ED services approximately 58,000+ visits per year
- EMS receives about 35,000 calls per year
- 42 ER bays, 5 trauma and resuscitation rooms
- Excellent sub-specialist coverage
- Hospitalist Service takes unassigned patient admits; no ED Physician admits
- Supported by AirMed transport services with helicopter and fixed wing covering a 3-state area
- Comprehensive benefits, 401k w/match, relocation allowance, and paid CME
Sanford Ambulance offers a variety of courses to train every level of health care provider, from first responders to doctors. We also provide CPR and safety courses for the general public. Our paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and we are the only Prehospital Continuing Education accredited program in North Dakota. Our team of nationally-registered, state-licensed paramedics and EMTs provide advanced life support services in eastern North Dakota, southeastern South Dakota and western Minnesota region. We are the only CAAS accredited ambulance service in North Dakota and one of two in Minnesota.
Sanford Health, one of the largest health systems in the United States, is dedicated to the integrated delivery of health care, genomic medicine, senior care and services, global clinics, research and affordable insurance. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the organization includes 46 hospitals, 1,500 physicians and more than 200 Good Samaritan Society senior care locations in 26 states and 10 countries. Learn more about Sanford Health's transformative work to improve the human condition at sanfordhealth.org or Sanford Health News.
Sanford’s Fargo Region has over 600 licensed beds and employs 640 physicians. Fargo is a metropolitan area with a population of about 240,000 and roughly 30,000 college students. Clear blue lakes are just 45 minutes from Fargo in west-central Minnesota, and Minneapolis/St. Paul is just a three hour drive. The community is known for steady growth, highly-trained workforce with an unemployment rate under 3%, business-friendly environment, outstanding quality of life, strong schools, airport, low crime, and reasonable costs of living.
Laura Aukland, MBA – Physician Recruiter
Telephone: (701) 234-6517