Specialized Care for Newborn Babies
Critically ill or premature babies get the latest medical, physical and emotional care in Sanford Children's advanced healing environments.
At Sanford Children's neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), your baby benefits from:
- A neonatologist on-site 24/7
- Experienced neonatal and perinatal specialists
- Neonatal nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Neonatal nurses
- Pediatric surgeons, cardiologists anesthesiologists and other specialists
- Neonatal transport services
- Family support services
Family plays an important role in the NICU. Studies show family-focused care results in shorter hospital stays and better long-term outcomes. As parents, you are allowed to stay with your baby as long as you want and may come and go as you please.
Choose Sanford Children's for setting the standard of neonatal care nationwide. Sanford Children's in Sioux Falls, SD, is a member of the National Institute of Health's Neonatal Research Network - one of only 15 sites in the U.S.