Diagnosis and treatment of solid tumors
Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant hematological diseases
Cancer clinical trials and basic science research
To provide a high quality, comprehensive, and compassionate care to patients with cancers and/or blood disorders.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Selected Research & Publications:
American Society of Clinical Oncology
American Society of Hematology
American College of Physician
North Dakota Medical Association
- Schwartz K., Chang H.T., Nikolai M., Pernicone J., Rhee S., Olson K., Kurniali P.C., Hord N.G., Noel M., Treatment of glioma patients with ketogenic diets: report of two cases treated with an IRB-approved energy-restricted ketogenic diet protocol and review of the literature. Cancer Metab. 2015 Mar 25;3:3. doi: 10.1186/s40170-015-0129-1.
- Kannarkatt J., Joseph J., Kurniali P.C., Al-Janadi A., Hrinczenko B., Adjuvant Chemotherapy for Stage II Colon Cancer: A Clinical Dilemma, J Oncol Pract. 2017 Apr;13(4):233-241. doi: 10.1200/JOP.2016.017210.
- Kurniali P.C., Hrinczenko B., Al-Janadi A., Management of locally advanced and metastatic colon cancer in elderly patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2014 Feb 28; 20(8):1910-22.
- Kurniali P.C., O'Gara K., Wang X., Wang L.J., Somasundar P., Falanga V., Espat N.J., Katz S.C., The effects of sorafenib on liver regeneration in a model of partial hepatectomy. J Surg Res. 2012 Nov; 178(1):242-7.
- Kurniali P.C., Luo L.G., Weitberg A.B., Role of calcium/ magnesium infusion in oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy for colorectal cancer patients. Oncology (Williston Park). 2010 Mar;24(3):289-92.
See other publications by Dr. Kurniali.
Peter Kurniali, MD enjoys spending time with his family. In his spare time he enjoys traveling and cycling. He plays some musical instruments, including guitar and keyboard.
Chairman of Medicine’s Research Award at Roger Williams Medical Center (2012)
Outstanding Fellow Teaching Award at Michigan State University (2015)