I enjoy serving children of all ages, and have special interests in early childhood development & literacy , Childhood Asthma , ADHD, Pediatric Infections , Obesity, Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (Insulin Pumps) & complex issues.
I consider it a privilege when parents trust me with the care of their precious ones. I advocate for providing culturally effective care for all of our patients and enjoy working with diverse patient populations. I thrive in educating my patients about their health.
- CHAIRMAN Commission on Socio Economics(North Dakota Medical Association)
- ADLS ( Advanced Disaster Life Support) & AHLS (Advanced Hazmat Life Support )instructor & Provider- through the BORDRES ALERT & READY , University of North Dakota & University of Arizona Emergency Medicine Research Center
- Member Health Vision and Strategy group North Dakota
- The only physician on District Health Council (Bismarck Public Schools)
Dr. Kumar is married and has 2 children. He enjoys fishing, hunting ,traveling & swimming. Dr. Kumar is also a Shriner.
- UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences Dean's Special Recognition Award for Outstanding Volunteer Faculty (Professor of Pediatrics)
- Special Achievement Award from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Provider Achievement Gold Award for excellence in managing childhood diabetes
- AAFP ( American Academy of Family Physicians) recognition award for “participation as an Active Teacher in Family Medicine.”
- Multiple Best Teacher Award from UND Family Practice Residency program
- Best Doctors in America®2010-2014