Nephrology, chronic kidney disease, dialysis, diabetes, hypertension, and kidney stones.
I am grateful to have the opportunity to care for my patients. They are my priority and can count on me for personal care and attention as they journey through the healing process.
Held faculty appointments in the Department of Medicine at the University of North Dakota, University of Kentucky and Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan.
Medical volunteer in several different countries providing aid following natural disasters.
- The impact of eliminating reflex urine cultures on treatment of urinary tract infections (2015)
- Does the use of non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory drugs in the inpatient setting increase the risk of acute kidney injury? (2015)
- Linezolid induced thrombocytopenia and chronic kidney disease (2015)
- Thiazide and factors associated to the development of yponatremia (2015)
- Acute kidney injury and bone fracture rates associated with the exposure to Tenofovir in hepatitis B patients (2015)
- Nephrolithiasis: Risk factors, treatment and prevention
- Expert review of anti-infective therapy perspective methenamine: a forgotten drug for preventing recurrent urinary tract infection in a multidrug resistance era
- Mortality in patients taking Digoxin enrolled in the AFFIRM trial
- Predicting significant coronary angiographic disease in patients with chronic kidney disease using nuclear SPECT myocardial perfusion
- Retrospective analysis of etiology and management of pneumonia in end stage renal disease patients on chronic hemodialysis
Dr. Zegarra is married and enjoys being in the outdoors fishing and running. She likes to read, paint and photography.
Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology