- Evaluation and management of urinary incontinence, including stress urinary incontinence, urinary urge incontinence, overactive bladder.
- Urodynamic evaluation of patients with incontinence and voiding dysfunction.
- Surgical treatment of incontinence including midurethral slings, pubovaginal slings, and urethral bulking agensts.
- Evaluation and management of pelvic organ prolapse (fallen bladder, uterus, rectum)
- Surgical correction of pelvic organ prolapse including cystocele, rectocele repair, respension of vaginal including use of native tissues, augmented repairs using synthetic and biologics grafts.
- Evaluation and management of chronic pelvic pain, including levator myalgia, Interstitial cystitis, painful bladder syndrome, pudendal neuralgia.
- Management options including muscle injections, sacral and pudendal neuromodulation, medication management and integration with psychatry physical therapy and other services.
- Evaluation and management of fecal incontinence, chronic constipaiton and obstructed defecation.
- Evaluation including endoanal ultrasound, anal manometry and pudendal nerve motor latency testing.
- Treatment options including anal sphincterplasty, rectal bulking, sacral and pudendal neuromodulation, and other physical therapy modalities.
- Evaluation and treatment of Interstital cystitis and painful bladder syndrome.
- Evaluation including cystoscopy and hydrodistention, Treatment options including bladder instillations, medication management, Sacral and pudendal nueromodulation. Bladder Botox injections.
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic vulvar conditions including atrophy, lichen sclerosis, vaginal discharge, and painful intercourse.
- Evaluation and management of complications associated with vaginal mesh procedures
Evaluation and management of painful intercourse.
Memberships & Certifications
- Masters Degree Basic Biomedical Science and Research
- Board Eligible Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- National Educator and Researcher in area of Sacral Neuromodulation
- National speaker pelvic floor dysfunction
- Member American Urogynecological Society (AUGS)
- Member Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology (SUFU)
- Member North American Neuromodulation Society (NANS)
- Member International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS)
- AUGS grant reviewer for neuromodulation
- SD State Chair, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- Past District Chair Junior Fellows American College of Ob/Gyn
- Past Chair ACOG committee on Indian Affairs
- Member Central Association of OB/GYN
- Co-Founder, Sanford Native American Pelvic Health Fund
Dr. Kevin D. Benson received his medical degree from the University of South Dakota in 1995. He completed his residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics. Dr. Benson is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He holds a Masters Degree in Biological Sciences for the University of South Dakota.
Being outdoors, spending time with family, woodworking
One of only two physicians in the Sanford Health System Board Eligible in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Subspecialty of OB/GYN dedicated to treatment of pelvic floor disorders)