We strongly encourage both you and your partner to come to the initial visit. During this hour-long fertility appointment, you will meet the Sanford team members who will be with you during your journey. It will also include meeting our nursing staff, reviewing your medical history and discussing what to expect.
Before Your Appointment
Your first fertility appointment is your first step to success.
- Once scheduled for your new patient appointment, we will ask you to sign up and access My Sanford Chart before you are seen for your appointment. We will send history and fertility questionnaires prior to your new patient visit.
- Our financial counselors will send you a new patient letter that will help you navigate your insurance coverage. The worksheet they send you will need to be filled out and returned to the clinic by your new patient appointment.
What to Bring
- Come prepared with notes and/or questions.
- Bring your insurance cards.
- Bring records of previous treatment or pertinent OB/GYN records such as HSG reports or hormone testing.
- Bring your up-to-date calendar. You have a busy life and your next several months may already include work obligations, vacation plans, houseguests and more. We will do our best to coordinate diagnostic testing and fertility treatments to fit your life.
Discussion With Your Provider
During your first fertility appointment, your provider will:
This is your journey. Your team will make recommendations but you are never required to proceed with a given treatment or timeline. If you feel a recommended treatment is too aggressive or not aggressive enough, please raise this concern with your provider. We hear your voice and respect your wishes.