There are a number of support services available to help patients from diagnosis to treatment to survivorship and beyond. We treat the whole patient and provide these services to help our patients navigate through this difficult time.
Spiritual Care is an integral part of the team approach that is provided to you and your family. Learning of a cancer diagnoses can be overwhelming. People often feel a need for spiritual resources.
The Roger Maris Cancer Center provides a chaplain to assist you in drawing upon spiritual resources. Serious illness may awaken and deepen spiritual values. Chaplains will respect your religions traditions, appreciate your unique history and values, and seek to provide spiritual support as you or a loved one face cancer.
- Spiritual care and counseling
- Networking with your home church
- Reading materials
- Programs on closed circuit television
- Chapel located inside the main lobby of Sanford Health
- Staff representing a variety of religious traditions
Roger Maris Cancer Center Spiritual Services Department
(701) 234-5146, (800) 511-6161, extension 5146
Fargo On-Call Chaplain
(701) 234-6000. Please ask for chaplain on call. Available nights and weekends.
The social workers at Roger Maris Cancer Center can give information and support. We can help you and your family deal with the changes and stresses in your life due to cancer.
- Distress assessments and support for you and your family members
- Referrals to Sanford Health specialties and/or resources in your community
We can teach you about:
- Talking with your treatment team
- Talking with your children, family, friends or co-workers
- Coping with your emotions—sadness, anger, worry and fears
- Reducing stress and using relaxation skills
- Living with cancer, issues commonly experienced and resources to help you long tern
- Planning for your care with the use of advanced directives
- Life as a cancer survivor
- Affordable medical care and prescription drug coverage
- Transportation to and from medical care
- Temporary housing during your treatment
- Home health care and hospice care
- Referrals for help at home
National Cancer Institute
The NCI provides accurate and up-to-date information on cancer to patients and their families, health professionals and the general public.
American Cancer Society
American Institute for Cancer Research
The American Institute for Cancer Research web site focuses on promoting good nutrition through guidelines, dietary tips and health recipes to help you make better nutrition decisions.
National Mental Health Association
National Hopeline Network
Call this number to speak to a trained crisis worker about what you are feeling.
Association of Cancer Online Resources provides Cancer survivors an opportunity to talk with other survivors.
Cancer Care website provides many resources for cancer patients and their caregivers.
Offer 18,000 links to accurate and current medical information and has been evaluated by the National Library of Medicine.