|Overview||Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, prepares medications for dispensing by the Pharmacist and perform other Pharmacy functions as needed in accordance with standards and regulations.|
|Reports to||Pharmacy Services Coordinator/As Assigned|
|Education, Experience and Skills Requirements||Must have appropriate education in order to become registered in the respective state of practice. This may include: enrollment in or completion of an approved on-the-job training program, completion of an approved Pharmacy Technician Program or any other acceptable qualifications or means that are approved by the respective State Board of Pharmacy and employing pharmacy, this may be based on previous work experience, training, or personal qualifications. |
|Licensure/Certification Requirement||Must maintain annual registration as a Pharmacy Technician through the respective State Board of Pharmacy, as well as complete the required hours of Pharmacy Technician continuing education.|
|Job Specific Competencies|
- As defined by work area scope of services, prepares IV admixtures, oral medications, and other products dispensed by the pharmacist to ensure proper administration.
- Maintains adequate supplies in assigned area so that medications are dispensed in a timely and efficient manner and are available for the customer, including legend drug products and over-the- counter medications.
- Answers phone and takes prescriptions as allowed by state laws.
- Maintains records as required by state laws and pharmacy policies.
- Accepts and processes payments for prescriptions and over the counter products in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Assists and troubleshoots third party prescription claims questions with an understanding of on-line rejections and plan parameters.
- Maintenance of OTC (over the counter), pharmacy and crash cart inventory checking for outdates and ensuring items are displayed in an attractive manner.
- Receives customer prescription orders, enters in customer census and insurance information for new accounts and verifies information on existing accounts. Balances cash register.
- Assists and directs processes of medication and supply procurement, product substitution, inventory management, delivery; ensures adequate inventory levels to meet patient need.
- Performs other service duties as needed in an efficient manner to ensure smooth work flow and to contribute to service productivity.
The Strength To Persevere, Use Our Voices And Take Action.
- Places the patient first.
- Stands up for what is right, does the right thing and challenges status quo.
- Takes risks to advance knowledge and practice for the betterment of care for patients.
- Addresses and resolves difficult challenges.
- Embraces reality and perseveres amidst setbacks.
The Enthusiasm For Patients And Work Commitment To The Organization.
- Shows an unwavering commitment to patients and strong commitment to the organization.
- Exhibits a positive, can do attitude.
- Energetically initiates and accomplishes work.
- Sets and maintains high performance standards.
- Demonstrates care and stewardship for the communities and people we serve.
The Adherence To The Systems That Align Actions To Excellence, Efficiency And Purpose.
- Pursues excellence and flawless execution through the avoidance of errors and inaccuracies.
- Creates and adheres to system rational standards to increase consistency and efficiency, and decrease variability.
- Adheres to procedure for the protection of those in our care.
- Follows rigorous methodology in practice and research.
- Holds self and others accountable.
The Pursuit Of Individual And Organizational Growth And Development.
- Seeks opportunities to advance individual development and organizational growth.
- Advances the practice of medicine and discipline of research.
- Advances integrated healthcare.
- Determines individual and organizational strengths and weaknesses and plans and develops accordingly.
- Strives for organizational perfection through continuous individual and organizational improvement.
- Supports the development of others by delegating, coaching and mentoring.
- Teaches because we have been taught.
- Creates sustainable success through talent planning, and initiating and leading own development.
The Connection And Commitment We Have To Each Other Through It All.
- Fully supports and demonstrates the mission, vision and values both individually and organizationally.
- Shows commitment to each other through communication, dialogue, collaboration and inclusion.
- Sticks together through conflict, confrontation, mistakes and learning opportunities.
- Builds relationships based on trust and respect through honesty, integrity, openness and fulfilling commitments.
- Leverages differences in thought while promoting team and organizational decisions.
- Serves the organization and its employees.
- Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving - Gathers information, selects the best strategy, implements and evaluates decisions to assure continuous improvement and contribution to the long-term best interest of Sanford and its constituents.
|Information Management Competencies|
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
|Supervisory||NA ||Dimension||NA |
|Physical Requirements:||View Physical Requirements|
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.