|Overview||Provide laboratory services associated with daily operations of the Reproductive Medicine Lab. Perform tests, record, and report results on specimens received in the laboratory in accordance with quality standards and regulations. This may include semen analysis, insemination preparation, TESE sperm identification, cryopreservation of sperm and embryos, aspirations and oocyte grading, ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo transfer and choosing appropriate embryos for transfer, freezing or discarding independently.|
|Reports to||Lab Director/Patient Care Manager|
|Education, Experience and Skills Requirements||Bachelor's degree in medical technology with three years experience with highly complex testing is required. Must have comprehensive training and experience in all aspects of clinical lab technologies, andrology, semen analysis, egg retrieval, assessment, ICSI, sperm and embryo cyropreservation and micromanipulation. Skills with equipment maintenance and troubleshooting and with computerized lab information systems required. Must meet quality, accuracy and productivity expectations of the department. Must have the ability to clearly present information and read/interpret journals and government regulations. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.|
|Licensure/Certification Requirement||Must be licensed by the North Dakota Board of Clinical Laboratory Practice.|
|Job Specific Competencies|
- Must successfully complete annual embryology competencies, procedures and training that is verified by the Lab Director.
- Performs quality and timely clinical testing, analysis and preparation of specimens to ensure the physician has the correct information to properly evaluate and diagnose the patient as well as a quality specimens with which to treat the patient.
- Prepares quality control testing for and records maintenance of all media/reagents used in the laboratory.
- Documents test results with statistical analysis, record keeping, writing and maintenance of procedure manual.
- Performs egg recovery, cleaning and completes fertilization checks daily.
- Prepares embryo culture prior to transfer.
- Maintains cycle documentation of all eggs and embryos during entire lab stay.
- Calibrates and monitors equipment to ensure accurate test results.
- Maintains a sterile environment and appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment to ensure optimal laboratory proficiency.
The Strength To Persevere, Use Our Voices And Take Action.
- Places the patient first.
- Stands up for what is right, does the right thing and challenges status quo.
- Takes risks to advance knowledge and practice for the betterment of care for patients.
- Addresses and resolves difficult challenges.
- Embraces reality and perseveres amidst setbacks.
The Enthusiasm For Patients And Work Commitment To The Organization.
- Shows an unwavering commitment to patients and strong commitment to the organization.
- Exhibits a positive, can do attitude.
- Energetically initiates and accomplishes work.
- Sets and maintains high performance standards.
- Demonstrates care and stewardship for the communities and people we serve.
The Adherence To The Systems That Align Actions To Excellence, Efficiency And Purpose.
- Pursues excellence and flawless execution through the avoidance of errors and inaccuracies.
- Creates and adheres to system rational standards to increase consistency and efficiency, and decrease variability.
- Adheres to procedure for the protection of those in our care.
- Follows rigorous methodology in practice and research.
- Holds self and others accountable.
The Pursuit Of Individual And Organizational Growth And Development.
- Seeks opportunities to advance individual development and organizational growth.
- Advances the practice of medicine and discipline of research.
- Advances integrated healthcare.
- Determines individual and organizational strengths and weaknesses and plans and develops accordingly.
- Strives for organizational perfection through continuous individual and organizational improvement.
- Supports the development of others by delegating, coaching and mentoring.
- Teaches because we have been taught.
- Creates sustainable success through talent planning, and initiating and leading own development.
The Connection And Commitment We Have To Each Other Through It All.
- Fully supports and demonstrates the mission, vision and values both individually and organizationally.
- Shows commitment to each other through communication, dialogue, collaboration and inclusion.
- Sticks together through conflict, confrontation, mistakes and learning opportunities.
- Builds relationships based on trust and respect through honesty, integrity, openness and fulfilling commitments.
- Leverages differences in thought while promoting team and organizational decisions.
- Serves the organization and its employees.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
|Information Management Competencies|
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance and periodic safety inspections on equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
|Supervisory||May provide supervision or work direction to other staff members. ||Dimension||NA |
|Physical Requirements:||View Physical Requirements|
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.