An Internal Medicine Specialist Caring for Hospitalized Patients
Dr. Rena Serieux provides general medical care to patients during their hospital stay. She is a board-certified internal medicine specialist and fulfills a role similar to having a primary care physician in a hospital. Dr. Serieux coordinates her patients’ care with their primary care providers and other specialists to make sure they’re getting the best possible care.
Dr. Serieux’s services include:
- Obtaining a patient’s medical history
- Performing physical exams
- Ordering and interpreting lab and diagnostic tests
- Prescribing medications
- Treating common illnesses
- Providing health education and counseling
She also serves as a clinical assistant professor of medicine at the University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine.
- Hospital Medicine