A Behavioral Health Specialist
Licensed professional clinical counselor John Perez specializes in behavioral health. He has a unique background that has influenced his approach to mental health. He was trained in crisis and emergency services, understands the nuances between substance use and mental illness and has experience in almost every field of mental health.
- Dual diagnosis
- Panic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality traits/disorders
John is trained in a variety of therapeutic techniques. He offers:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Trauma-informed care
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) psychotherapy
He is a doctoral student and North Dakota State University for counselor supervision and education.
Ratings & Reviews
Real Experiences from Real Patients
You trust recommendations from real people. That's why we provide comments and star ratings from patients who answer our surveys after their visits to Sanford Health. Star ratings are based on a 0-100 point scale converted to 0-5 stars. Providers must have a minimum of 30 patient ratings to receive a formal rating.