Bringing expert surgical services closer to home
Having surgery, planned or unplanned, can be a stressful situation. But having it done close to your home, with the support of your friends and family, can provide comfort and convenience. Sanford Worthington Medical Center (SWMC) realizes the importance of having your family and friends close when the need for surgery arises. That’s why we have fully trained staff and are equipped to handle a wide variety of surgical procedures without the hassle of having to travel out of town.
At SWMC, you can feel confident in the care delivered by our experienced surgical team. Your surgery will be performed in one of our surgical suites that is equipped with the tools and technology needed, right in your community.
We offer a variety of inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures including (but not limited to):
Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
General and Same Day Surgery
- Breast Biopsy
- Colon Resection
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT)
- Pacemaker Insertion
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
Gynecological surgeries are surgeries involving the women’s reproductive system. The following can be done at SWMC -
- Cesarean Section
- D & C
- Ovarian Cyst Removal
- Tubal Ligation
- Vaginal or abdominal hysterectomy
Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical method through small incisions. The following can be performed at SWMC -
- Appendix Removal
- Gallbladder Removal
- Gynecological Procedures
- Hernia Repair
SWMC offers two options for ophthalmology surgery services -
- Cataract surgery - this is a procedure to remove the lens of your eye and, in most cases, replace it with an artificial lens. Cataract surgery is used to treat the clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye (cataract). Cataract surgery is performed by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) on an outpatient basis, which means you don't have to stay in the hospital after the surgery. Cataract surgery is very common and is generally a safe procedure.
- Yag Laser -the most common complication of cataract surgery is clouding of the part of the lens covering (capsule) that remains after surgery, called Posterior Capsule Opacification. An outpatient procedure called YAG Laser Posterior Capsulotomy, can painlessly clear the vision, does not require an anesthetic injection and usually does not require postoperative medications. The procedure reduces glare and improves vision, allowing light to pass through cloudy regions of the lens capsule that may develop after cataract surgery.
Orthopedic surgeries are performed on bones, joints, and soft tissue. The following can be performed at SWMC -
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Fractured Hip, Knee, Ankle, & Wrist Repair
- Knee, Shoulder, Wrist & Ankle scopes
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Sports Related Injuries
- Total Hip and Knee Replacement
- Trigger Finger Release
Podiatry surgery is surgery performed on the feet. The following can be performed at SWMC -
- Bunion Removal
- Hammer Toe Correction
- Heel Spur Removal
- In-grown Toenail Repair
- Plantar's Wart Removal
If you’ve been told you will need to have a hysterectomy or other gynecological procedure, there’s a better option at Sanford Worthington. Robotic-assisted technology. With robotic technology, our OB/GYN physicians are able to operate with greater precision and control than ever before. It allows them to perform a procedure less invasively, thus lessening the after effects usually associated with the surgery: scars, pain and infection.
Urology surgeries are surgeries performed on the urinary system. The following can be performed at SWMC -
- Bladder Biopsy
- Prostate Biopsy
- Ureteral Stent Placement
To learn more about our surgical services or schedule an appointment, talk with your health care provider or call 507-372-3800.