Health Ministry Conference - Resilience: Blessed are the Flexible for they Shall Not Break
Resilience….everyone seems to be talking about resilience these days, but what does this really mean? Why is it that some people overcome a personal tragedy or a serious illness and actually thrive, while others are crushed by the enormous stress of it all?
Join the Spiritual Care Team and Faith Community Nursing Center at Sanford to:
- Explore the concept of resilience in your own life, as an individual and a caregiver.
- Discover the process that leads resilient people to not only survive, but thrive.
- Develop and practice skills for building resilience in yourself and in those for whom you care.
Who should attend? Nurses, Physicians, and Long Term Care Administrators from across the country, clergy, chaplains, social workers, caregivers, volunteers, Stephen Ministers, Befrienders, and those interested in developing resilience in their lives, while supporting others to build resilient lives.
Registration - 7:45 am
Conference - 8:15 am - 4 pm
- 7:45am-8:15am: Registration and Breakfast
- 8:15am-8:45am: Welcome, Announcements and Devotions
- 8:45am-10:15am: Resiliency and the Role of Vulnerability - Keynote Speaker: Melissa Hiatt, MA, Pediatric Chaplain Certified Daring Way and Dare to Lead Facilitator
- 10:15am-10:30am: Break and Networking
- 10:30am-12:00pm: Hope, Happiness and Improv: Tilling the Soil of Our Own Resilience - Keynote Speaker: Rev. Bill Cooper, MDiv, Chaplain
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunch and Networking
- 1:00pm-2:30pm: Resilience in Action - Keynote Speaker: Renee Schulz, MS, RN, Professional Development Consultant
- 2:30pm-2:45pm: Stretch Break
- 2:45pm-3:45pm: Encouraging Resilience Building in Others - Speaker Panel
- 3:45pm-4:00pm: Evaluation, Closing Blessing
- Sanford Bismarck UND Family Medicine Building Fourth Floor 701 E Rosser Ave Bismarck, ND 58501
- Sanford Clinic Auditorium 801 N Broadway Fargo, ND 58122
- Sanford Medical Center Bemidji Board Room 1300 Anne St NW Bemidji, MN
Registration to be a satellite location for this conference is still available. If you would like to apply to be a satellite location, fill out this form by September 20, 2019. If you have question please email Denise Dengler.
Awarding of ANCC Contact Hours, CME Credit, SD SW Credit, and NAB/NCERS
Approved for ANCC Contact Hours:
5.75 ANCC Contact Hour
Approved for CME Credits:
5.5 CME credits
Approved for SD SW Credits
5.5 SD SW credits
Approved for NAB/NCERS
|5.5 NAB/NCERS credits|
Sanford Health is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
5.75 ANCC Contact Hour
Sanford Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Sanford Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category I Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Social Work: Sanford Health is approved as a provider for continuing education by the South Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners Provider #1021. Social workers will receive 5.5 continuing education contact hours or 0.550 CEU’s for participating in this course
This program has been approved for Long Term Care Administrator Continuing Education for 5.5 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—Approval #20201031-5.50-A58969-DL.
11/01/19 8:15 AM - 4:30 PM