ELNEC (End Of Life Nursing Education Consortium Training) RN Training
The purpose of the event is to provide end of life (EOL) education through didactic and case study format on caring for patients with a life-limiting illness and their family members.
Upon completion of this event, participants will be able to:
- State the difference between hospice and palliative care.
- Communicate with patients and families regarding EOL
- Assess and manage pain and identify barriers to adequate pain relief at the end of life for patients across the life span.
- Effectively assess and manage non-pain symptoms.
- Define loss, grief, bereavement, and mourning.
- Effectively assess signs of patient dying and assess and implement interventions for end of life signs and symptoms.
Sanford Health is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
7.4 ANCC Contact Hours
Parking is on the West side of the building. Enter the doors marked DD. If entering on the South side or via Edith/Vandemark side, enter through doors BB. Elevator K or J will take you to the first floor and where the Carlson Conference Room is located. You may need to take one flight of stairs as the elevators state they are locked for first floor access until 08:00.
Cancer Center - Carlson Conference Room 1401
1309 W 17th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57104