The BLS Provider course is designed a healthcare provider who would respond to victims in cardiac arrest individually or as part of a team. Through an interactive four hour course, students will be engaged by video based demonstration, group discussions and active participation in simulated cases. By the completion of this course students will be able to apply BLS concepts to the Chain of Survival, recognize the signs of an individual requiring CPR, and perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants. BLS Provider certifications are valid for two (2) years from the date of the course.
Required Course Materials:
Be a health care professional or student entering the health care profession who will care for patients in a facility or prehospital environment.
The course materials will be the student’s responsibility.
Basic Life Support Provider Manual
ISBN: 978-1-61669-407-4 / AHA Product Number 15-1010
Community - $70.00
Sanford Employee - $60.00
Weather Cancellation: The Training Center will follow the Sioux Falls School District weather protocols.
- Cancel by emailing SHTrainingCenter@SanfordHealth.org or by phone at 605-328-6327.
- Reschedule one time without penalty.
- If cancelling within 7 days or less from the date of class, no refund will be given.
- If cancelling within 8-14 days, 75% of the registration fee will be refunded.
- If cancelling 15 days of more from the date of class, a refund will be issued minus a $25.00 administration fee. If course materials were already mailed to student, the cost of those materials will not be refunded unless they are returned to the Training Center.
- The Training Center reserves the right to cancel courses in the event of weather conditions, class size and instructor availability. The student will be notified by email and/or phone number provided during registration.
§ If the Sioux Falls School District cancels for inclement weather, we will not hold class.
§ If the Sioux Falls School District has a late start, class will be held at the regularly scheduled time.
Additional Questions please contact: email@example.com or 605-328-6327
The American Heart Association (AHA) strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.