Barre for Women
NOTICE: Sanford Women's is committed to providing a safe environment for you to enjoy our classes. In order to do that, the following measures are being taken:
- Limited class sizes to allow for proper distancing between attendees
- Prescreening questions completed over the phone or MyChart prior to class
- Screening patients again upon entering the classroom
- Providing masks (as needed) to attendees who aren't able to bring their own
- Allowing ample time between classes to properly sanitize the room and equipment
- Continuing to offer online options for patients who are unable or uncomfortable attending an in-person class
Looking to strengthen your pelvic floor? Whether you are currently pregnant, in the postpartum years, or just wanting to gain more flexibility and strength this class is for you.
Our Women’s Barre class combines elements from ballet, Pilates and yoga to give you a low-impact workout that can help you strengthen and tone your arms, legs, core, glutes and more importantly your pelvic floor.
Participants should wear comfortable clothes, grippy socks, and should avoid loose clothing which can restrict your movement. Most of the moves will be performed on the bar or with a mat (which will be provided) so just come with an open mind and be prepared to work some new muscle groups!
When is the class? Every Tuesday from 7:30-8:30pm
Who attends? Any woman who is looking to improve their pelvic health and overall strength. Those who are pregnant or are in the postpartum period are welcome to attend unless otherwise instructed by their provider.
What do I bring? A water bottle is all you need!
If you are interested in attending any of our Community Health Education classes and require assistive aids or accessible facilities, please contact Sanford at at (701) 234-6294 or TDD at (701) 234-6655 to request such aids. Please call in advance so arrangements can be made. All Community Health Education classes are held in handicapped accessible class rooms.
For questions or help registering please call (701) 234-7716. We will return your voicemail within one business day.
This class is available as a prerecorded video. Register now.