- Familiarize yourself with the merchandise that is available and where it is located when arriving for your shift.
- Assist by straightening, cleaning and dusting the display areas. Assist by offering basic display ideas.
- Assist by filling balloons as needed once you have been shown the proper use of the helium tank.
- Assist the cashiers as needed.
- Familiarize yourself with the various hospital floors so that you can deliver merchandise as needed.
- Assist by answering the phone using proper phone etiquette.
- Assist by unpacking and marking merchandise.
Volunteer will Perform this Position:
In MeritCare Gift Shop at both the MeritCare downtown and South University locations.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am – 1:00 pm; 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Number of Hours:
Shifts will be approximately 3-5 hours
Orientation, Training and Evaluations:
All volunteers need to attend the general orientation to MeritCare and the Volunteer Services program prior to assignment to a site. Gift Shop staff and/or volunteers will provide on-site training. Training and evaluations will be on going. Site supervisors will complete an annual evaluation.
Adhere to MeritCare policy on confidentiality. See Volunteer Handbook.
Expectations for this Position:
The volunteer is responsible, flexible and maintains confidentiality. The customers are treated with kindness and respect. Volunteers need to be at least 17 years old to serve in this position.
- Monday - Friday, schedule will vary depending on location. Shifts will be approximately 3-5 hours.
- Aged 17 and up.