- Assist the staff to help meet the needs of families by directing to consult rooms utilizing the census received from registration staff.
- Write patient information on the whiteboard to alert staff the family has arrived in consult room.
- Answer phones as assigned and oriented by staff giving accurate information, transferring calls to the appropriate person, and relaying information to the registration staff.
- Offer hospitality and information to the families by familiarizing yourself with the services offered in the facility such as the restaurants, Gift Shop, where to get coffee, etc…
- Assist families and other visitors with way finding, escorting as appropriate.
- Instruct families to enjoy amenities but to return promptly when the patient has arrived to the unit. Work with registration staff in order to provide an ETA.
- Assist with locating families when patients are admitted to the ARU.
Volunteer will Perform this Position:
SMCF, 3rd floor ARU
Orientation, Training and Evaluations:
All volunteers need to attend the general orientation to Sanford and the Volunteer Services program prior to assignment to a site. Staff will provide on-site training. Evaluations will be on going. Site supervisors will complete an annual evaluation.
Adhere to Sanford policy on confidentiality. See Volunteer Handbook.
Expectations for this Position:
The volunteer is responsible, flexible and maintains confidentiality. The customers are treated with kindness and respect. Volunteers need to be at least 17 years old to serve in this position.
- Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 12:00 PM, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; Shifts will be approximately 4 – 4.5 hours
- Aged 17 and up.