Note: These are great warm from the skillet or cold, packed for lunch with a container of sauce for dipping.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
What you need:
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen spinach, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Cooking spray
Equipment and supplies:
- A 10- to 12-inch skillet
- Thin spatula (metal preferred)
What to do:
- Lay 2 tortillas on a flat surface. Divide spinach and cheese between the tortillas.
- Top with remaining 2 tortillas.
- Place skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray.
- Gently slide 1 pizzadilla into the pan and cook until light golden brown on one side (about 1-2 minutes).
- Using a thin spatula, gently flip over the pizzadilla and cook for 30-60 seconds more or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove pizzadilla and cut into triangles. Repeat with remaining pizzadilla.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- You can wrap and refrigerate leftovers.
How much does this make?
- 4 servings
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Date reviewed: June 2010
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.