Note: This simple and healthy snack is designed especially for kids to make on their own.
Whether you're going for a long walk or just playing with friends, this easy and hearty snack is a great one to eat at home or pack for the road!
- 1 c. unsweetened cereal of your choice
- 2 tbsp. (or one miniature box) raisins
- 2 tbsp. dry roasted unsalted peanuts* (or other favorite nut)
*If allergic to peanuts or nuts, try sunflower seeds without the shell instead.
- 1 tbsp. measuring spoon
- 1-cup measuring cup
- 1 sandwich-size ziplock bag
What mom or dad can do in advance:
- Get out measuring cup, spoon, and ziplock bag
- Pour cereal into ziplock bag.
- Add raisins and peanuts, other nuts, or seeds.
- Zip the bag closed and shake, shake, shake until well mixed.
- Munch and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 baggie
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
11 g protein
16 g fat
39 g carbohydrates
6 g fiber
217 mg sodium
144 mg calcium
11 mg iron
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.