Note: This recipe is for people following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet. However, this recipe may include ingredients such as dairy or other animal-based products that may not fit in with vegan or some other vegetarian diets.
Serve these tasty muffins for breakfast or as an after-school snack.
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1-1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 11/4 c. blueberries
- 3/4 c. raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 425º F (218º C).
- Spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in berries.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
Serving size: 1 muffin
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
4 g fat
1 g sat. fat
23 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
18 mg cholesterol
227 mg sodium
103 mg calcium
1 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Consider adding chopped nuts. You can use a variety of berries. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.