Note: This recipe is especially for kids who must avoid foods that contain gluten, which is a type of protein found in many foods.
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 11/2 c. sugar
- 24 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 11/2 c. raspberries
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 1/4 c. sugar
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- large bowl
- mixer (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
- Preheat oven to 350º F (176º C).
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to blend the sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Add eggs to cream cheese mixture one at a time and blend after adding each egg.
- Line 24-cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full with cream cheese batter.
- Divide raspberries evenly between the 24 cupcakes and sprinkle on top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. A well will form in the middle of each cupcake.
- Turn the oven to 450º F (232º C).
- In a small bowl, blend together topping ingredients. Using a teaspoon, drop topping into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
Serving size: 1 cupcake
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
6 g fat
3 g sat. fat
18 g carbohydrate
1.8 g fiber
53 mg cholesterol
181 mg sodium
55 mg calcium
0.2 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
These cupcakes freeze well. You can use other berries, such as strawberries or blueberries.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.