Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need to consume additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This twist on a traditional breakfast favorite is easy to make and a great way to start the day.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. jelly
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. butter
- plastic or butter knife
- mixing bowl
- whisk or fork
- stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread.
- Spread jelly on the other two slices of bread.
- Put one slice of each together to form sandwiches.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs and cream together.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating well.
- Place in skillet and brown both sides.
- Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
20 g protein
53 g fat
738 mg sodium
99 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2016 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.