Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This scrumptious meal is loaded with calories, protein, and sodium.
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 oz.) can of enchilada sauce
- 2 c. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- 31/2 c. tortilla chips, crushed
- oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- large bowl
- mixing spoon
- 1.5-quart casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 375º Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serving size: 2 cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
51 g protein
35 g fat
1977 mg sodium
368 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with rice and sour cream.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: March 2009
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2016 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.