Sanford Women’s Symposium - Lifetime Health for Women: A Clinical Update
- Describe the role of perinatology and fetal ultrasound in the diagnosis and management of women with a high-risk pregnancy.
- Discuss the role of preconception counseling.
- Identify common problems in pregnancy and management options for these common problems.
- Describe the role of a genetic counselor in a perinatology clinic.
- Discuss prenatal genetic testing options.
- Identify the most common indications for prenatal genetic screening/testing.
- Identify women at risk for post-partum depression.
- Discuss early intervention and treatment options for post-partum depression.
- Discuss the etiology and diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Describe pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment options for polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Describe appropriate evaluation and associated health risks of a woman with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Discuss current screening tests for gynecologic cancer.
- Describe current treatment options for gynecologic cancer.
- Explain the signs and symptoms of menopause.
- Recognize health conditions that are unique for women over 50 years old.
- Describe treatment options to manage symptoms of menopause.
- Compare the latest strategies for weight loss in women.
- Describe the impact of health coaching on initial and long-term results of weight loss in women.
- Discuss current ACSM exercise guidelines and how they apply throughout the female lifespan.
- Explore barriers to lifetime physical activity throughout a female’s life from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Identify strategies for encouraging continued physical activity and opportunities for dispelling myths and breaking down barriers throughout a woman’s lifespan.
Click here to view the brochure.
1635 42nd St. SW
Or Take I-94 to 45th St., take a right at 17th Ave., it will be to the north of 17tn Ave.
Sanford Center for Learning
Rt. 376, PO Box 2010, Fargo, ND 58122-0376
Phone: (701) 280-4802 or (800) 437-4010
Early registration deadline is March 29.