Weight Loss Surgery Informational Seminar (Fargo, ND)
If you'd like to learn more about weight-loss surgery for severe obesity, please come to a free informational seminar. Whether it's for yourself, a loved one or you just want to know more, you're welcome to attend – and bring a friend or family member, too.
What can you expect at the seminar?
- A presentation by a Sanford Health weight-loss surgeon. You'll learn about the surgical options offered at Sanford Health, including gastric bypass, laparoscopic adjustable gastric band and laparoscopic gastric sleeve. Why choose one over another? Are they safe? What are the long-term results – and are they proven? One of three weight-loss surgeons will be at each seminar:
Dr. Matthew Fabian
Dr. Luis Garcia
Dr. Timothy Monson
- Information about ideal candidates for weight-loss surgery. What's involved in qualifying? Does insurance cover the entire process? Why is Sanford selective?
- Information about Sanford's intensive pre-surgery phase including nutrition, exercise and psychological readiness.
- Information about what happens after surgery: recovery, follow-up care, specialized support and keys to long-term success.
- Time for questions. The last half hour of the seminar is reserved for Q & A.
- A packet of information for you to take home; also a timeline of tasks for those interested in preparing for weight loss surgery.
- An opportunity to meet members of Sanford's weight-loss surgery support team.