BEMIDJI, Minn. – Ten $1,500 Friends of Sanford Health scholarships are available to students in the Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota (SHNM) region and to current employees of SHNM. To be considered for one of these scholarships, an applicant must be pursuing a career in a health-related field and not have been a previous recipient.
This scholarship is contingent upon enrollment in an accredited school. It will be sent directly to the financial aid office of the chosen school for credit toward the student's educational expenses when a fee statement or proof of enrollment is received by the Scholarship Committee.
A complete application MUST include the following information:
- A completed application form,
- An official transcript(s) from the school’s scheduling office, including ACT and/or SAT scores (ACT/SAT test scores needed for undergraduates only),
- A completed reference form by a counselor, principal or supervisor,
- Two separate letters of recommendation (if currently a student, at least one MUST be from an instructor), in addition to the reference form mentioned above,
- Postmarked by the deadline, March 15, 2017.
Applicants are responsible to see that all necessary information is received by the committee. Incomplete applications will not be considered. An application can be found online at http://www.sanfordhealth.org/Careers/VolunteerOpportunities/Bemidji or by contacting the volunteer office at Sanford Bemidji Medical Center.
Please send completed applications to:
The Scholarship Committee
c/o Sanford Bemidji Volunteer Office
1300 Anne St. NW
Bemidji, MN 56601
Fax: (218) 333-6054
Recipients of the scholarship will be notified by April 15, 2017.
About Sanford Health
Sanford Health is an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas. It is one of the largest health systems in the nation with 45 hospitals and nearly 300 clinics in nine states and four countries. Sanford Health’s 28,000 employees, including more than 1,300 physicians, make it the largest employer in the Dakotas. Nearly $1 billion in gifts from philanthropist Denny Sanford have allowed for several initiatives, including global children's clinics, genomic medicine and specialized centers researching cures for type 1 diabetes, breast cancer and other diseases. For more information, visit sanfordhealth.org.
Sanford Marketing Director –Bemidji Region
(218) 407- 7516 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanford Marketing Specialist –Bemidji Region
(218) 333- 5565 / email@example.com