(Sioux Falls, SD) Sanford Health proudly announces another physician has achieved board certification in Neurocritical Care (NCC). Charles Miller, MD joins Larry Burris, DO as a board certified neuro-intensivist.
Drs. Burris and Miller are the only board certified neuro-intensivists in the Dakotas. In addition to NCC, Dr. Burris is boarded in internal medicine, hypertension, nephrology and is the director of NCC and Dr. Miller is boarded in neurological surgery.
The Sanford Neurocritical Care Program began in 2009 and has cared for more than 800 critically ill patients. It’s a discipline that provides critical care for patients with a wide range of neurological disorders, including stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, brain trauma, intracranial hemorrhage, subdural hematomas, seizures, spinal cord trauma, status epilepticus, plasmapheresis, and encephalitis.
In the NeuroICU, a multidisciplinary team of specially trained physicians, nurses, therapists and other professionals provides balanced, attentive care in a unique environment. They assess a patient's vital functions, speech and eye responses every hour or more frequently, if necessary.
The NCC team consists of:
- Larry Burris, DO: board certified in internal medicine, hypertension, nephrology and neurocritical care
- Charles Miller, MD: board certified neurosurgeon and neurocritical care
- Kathryn Florio, DO: board certified neurology, vascular neurology, electophysiology
- Michelle VanDemark, CNP, CNS
- Krista Seurer, PA
- Tami Graziano, CNP
- Team of neuroradiologist, nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists and dietitians
For more information, visit sanfordhealth.org.
Sanford Media Director – Sioux Falls Region
24/7 Media Line: (605) 366-2432 / Stacy.Jones@sanfordhealth.org
Follow me on Twitter @SanfordStacy