(Fargo, ND) – The 11th Annual Cares for Kids Radiothon begins today and runs through Friday, Feb. 18. Radio Fargo Moorhead stations, Bob (95.1), Popster (104.7) and Y-94 (93.7) are joining forces once again to raise money for Sanford Children's Hospital in Fargo. In the past, the radiothon has raised over $100,000. This year, the hopes are even higher.
On-air personalities will broadcast live from the Sanford Medical Center lobby. The radiothon asks people to participate by calling in or stopping by to share their stories. In the past, many families have shared personal heartfelt stories about how their family’s lives were changed by Sanford Children’s Hospital. The station personalities will also talk with doctors and staff of Sanford. The radiothon provides a great opportunity to help children, share inspiring stories and meet and greet with local radio personalities.
Money raised during the radiothon is used to support special programs, to purchase high-tech medical equipment, and to fund research and education for Sanford Children's Hospital. For more information, visit www.childrens.sanfordhealth.org.
The radiothon will be broadcasting live from the Sanford Medical Center Fargo, 801 Broadway North, Main Lobby from 6 am–6 pm. Broadcast hosts will introduce the following Miracle Children.
- Laine Nicholls - Devils Lake, ND: Trauma-accidental gunshot wound; Lifeflighted to Sanford Children's
- Oliver Kezar - Thief River Falls, MN: Down syndrome-heart and respiratory problems; Lifeflighted to Sanford Children's
- Brody Strahm - Fargo, ND: Liver cancer
- Reid Ames - Hawley, MN: Type 1 diabetes
- Karen Brown - Audubon, MN: Trauma-attacked by a bull; Lifeflighted to Sanford Children's
- Emma Riegel - Fargo, ND: NICU story
- Morgan Hayes - Langdon, ND: Sarcoma and melanoma
- Jasmin Christopherson - Thief River Falls, MN: Type 1 diabetes; Lifeflighted to Sanford Children's
- Laela and Amelia Eisenschenk - Kindred, ND: 11-beta hydroxlase deficiency
- Alyvia and Aidyn Church - Rolette, ND: NICU- Premature
- Jade Hewson - Horace, ND: NICU- Neonatal stroke in utero
- Marcus Schumacher - Fargo, ND: Cystic fibrosis
- Grace Hubrig - Fargo, ND: NICU-Premature
- Andrew Skalicky - West Fargo, ND: NICU-Premature
- Kyllan Mjelde - West Fargo, ND: Heart complications
- Veda Vanderhagen - Fargo, ND: NICU- Aspirated at birth
- Bently Anderson - Breckenridge, MN: NICU-Respiratory distress; Lifeflighted to Sanford Children's
- Baby Sophie - Fargo, ND: Congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation
- Samantha Dalgren - Lake Park, MN: Fractured accessory bone-surgery
- Karson Steichen - Dilworth, MN: Kawasaki disease
- Eva Unger - Fargo, ND: Ewings sarcoma
- Tyler Schroeder - Arthur, ND: Severe heart complications
About Sanford Children’s Hospital Fargo
Sanford Children's Hospital located in downtown Fargo, ND, is the only facility of its kind in the region and one of only 170 premier children's hospitals in the nation. It includes a Pediatric Unit, a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Staff consists of pediatricians and pediatric specialists — including pediatric critical care and neonatology (the care of newborn babies), specialties rarely found elsewhere in North Dakota or northwestern Minnesota.
Andrea Voorhees | Sanford Media Strategist | Fargo Region
701-200-6080 | firstname.lastname@example.org