Sanford Media Relations – Fargo Region
(701) 200-6080 / firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Fargo, ND) – Living with an ongoing health condition can be very difficult. Effective self-management skills have proven to help people with arthritis, fibromyalgia, heart disease, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, cancer, and those who are overweight or have other ongoing health conditions.
To help people live fuller, healthier and more active lives, Sanford Health is offering Living Well Workshops. The workshops are for anyone with ongoing health problems and their support people. Participants will learn important skills such as problem solving, goal setting, relaxation techniques, and ways to deal with difficult emotions, pain, fatigue and stress. Living Well was developed by Stanford University; research has shown that the workshop is extremely effective in helping people achieve better health, less time in the hospital, and a more active lifestyle. As one participant said, "It's like hiring a personal manager to take charge of you life, and that manager is you."
Free six-week workshops are being held in Fargo and Moorhead:
- First United Methodist Church, Fargo, Thursdays, 2-4:30 p.m., Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4
- Sanford Clinic Southpointe, Fargo, Tuesdays, 6:30-9 p.m., Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9
- Elim Lutheran, Fargo, Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m.-noon, Oct. 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9, 16
- Eventide Linden Tree Circle, Moorhead, Wednesdays, 1-3:30 p.m., Oct. 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3, 10, 17
- Sanford South University, Fargo, Wednesdays, 5:30-8:00 p.m., Oct. 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3, 10, 17
- Messiah Lutheran Church, Fargo, Thursdays, 1-3:30 p.m., Oct. 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11, 18
- Sanford 2801 Medical Building, Fargo, Mondays, 1-3:30 p.m., Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Dec. 6
- People with different types of ongoing health problems attend together.
- Living Well is facilitated by two trained leaders who are peers, meaning that they too live with ongoing health problems. To learn more about facilitating a class call (701) 234-5089.
- Registration is required; call Sanford Health at (701) 234-5570 or (877) 234-4240.