The celebration will show the core of MeritCare Children's Hospital. Children who have suffered serious health battles and their families will share stories of how they have benefited from this state-of-the-art facility.
All money raised locally will benefit kids being treated at MeritCare Children's Hospital – funds will be used for medical equipment, child and family support programs, education programs and more.
How to make a donation – Donations can be made on Saturday, June 5, by calling (701) 231-1100 between 2:30-10 p.m.
Some of the children that will be interviewed and featured live during the local television broadcast include:
- Matthew Garberg; Moorhead, Minn.; 10 Years; Premature and Short Bowel Syndrome; 3:00-3:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Grace Hubrig; Belle Plaine, Minn.; 7 1/2 Months; Premature; 3:00-3:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Noah St Peter; Cass Lake, Minn.; 5 1/2 Months; Premature; 3:00-3:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Jensen Family; Ogema, Minn.; 1 Year; Quadruplets born Premature; 4:00-4:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Zyler Smith; Devils Lake, N.D.; 1 1/2 Years; Anal Stenosis and Von Willerbrands Disease; 4:00-4:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Samuel Liechty; Jamestown, N.D.; 18 Years; Brain Tumor; 4:00-4:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Rylan Greene; Grand Forks, N.D.; 2 1/2 Years; Premature, Infection, Hernia Surgery; 5:00-5:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Keith Worthington; West Fargo, N.D.; 15 Years; H1N1, Staph Infection, Cardiac Arrest; 5:00-5:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Keagan Nettestad-Wynn; Pelican Rapids, Minn.; 2 Years; Neuroblastoma; 5:00-5:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Jade Hewson Horace, N.D. 4 Months; Neonatal Stroke in Utero; 6:00-6:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Dylan Steele; Hawley, Minn.; 7 Months; Premature, Respiratory Failure; 6:00-6:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Evan Krogen; West Fargo, N.D.; 3 1/2 Years; Leukemia and Veno-occlusive Disease; 6:00-6:30 p.m. KVLY TV-11
- Laela and Amelia Eisenschenk; Kindred, N.D.; 2 Years; Genetic Mutation causing Hormone Imbalance; 6:00-6:30 pm KVLY TV-11
- Brody Stahm; West Fargo, N.D.; 2 1/2 Years; Hepatoblastoma (liver cancer that has spread to the lungs); 7:00-7:30 p.m. KXJB TV-4
- Presleigh Hieb; Fargo, N.D.; 11 Months; Bacterial Meningitis; 7:00-7:30 p.m. KXJB TV-4
- Isaac Herlickson; Moorhead, Minn.; 5 1/2 Months; Gastroscytosis; 7:00-7:30 p.m. KXJB TV-4
- Maggie Dick; West Fargo, N.D.; 3 1/2 Years; Type 1 Diabetes; 7:00-7:30 p.m. KXJB TV-4
- Signe Harris; Moorhead, Minn.; 9 Years Old; Leukemia Survivor, Type 1 Diabetes; 8:00-8:30 p.m. KXJB TV-4
- Tianna Nelson; Moorhead, Minn.; 10 Years Tonsilectomy; 8:00-8:30 p.m. KXJB TV-4
- Alex, Olivia, and Ryan Brock; Fargo, N.D.; 14 Years, 8 Years, 3 1/2 Months; Alex-in the NICU, Olivia-Duodenal Ulcer, Ryan-Premature; 8:00-8:30 p.m KXJB TV-4
- Alyssa Pratt; Minot, N.D.; 15 Years; Leukemia and Clotting Disorder; 9:00-10:00 p.m. Midcontinent Communications (channel 23)
- Grace Entzion; Moorhead, Minn.; 9 Years; Ruptured Appendix; 9:00-10:00 p.m. KXJB TV-4
- Reed and Lindsay Bennett; Nevis, Minn.; 14 Years, 13 Years; Reed-Steven Johnson Syndrome, Lindsay-IgA Nephropathy; 9:00-10:00 PM KXJB TV-4
- Samuel Lykins; Sisseton, S.D.; 15 Years; Severe Clotting Disorder; 9:00-10:00 p.m. KXJB TV-4
- Karson Steichen; Dilworth, Minn.; 5 Years; Kawasaki Disease
Children's Miracle Network – Children's Miracle Network is an international non-profit organization dedicated to helping children by raising funds and awareness for 170 children's hospitals throughout North American; MeritCare Children's Hospital is a CMN hospital. Each year these non-profit hospitals treat more than 17 million children afflicted with diseases, injuries and birth defects of every kind. The hospitals associated with Children's Miracle Network represent some of the finest in the world.
MeritCare Children's Hospital – With over 45 physicians and 200 pediatric nurses, therapists and other staff, MeritCare Children's Hospital includes a 22-bed Pediatric Unit, an eight-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, and a 32-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The hospital is a specially designed, child-friendly facility with state-of-the-art technology and pediatric medical treatments that benefit hundreds of child every year throughout the region.