(Sioux Falls, SD) The 18th annual Sanford Health and KELOLAND-TV Health and Fitness Fair will be held this weekend in Sioux Falls at the Empire Mall. This community event offers a wide array of healthcare booths from Sanford USD Medical Center, Sanford Clinic and other healthcare organizations. A variety of health screenings, children’s activities, fitness exhibits and more are also available.
Sanford Health & KELOLAND-TV Health and Fitness Fair
March 26 – 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
March 27 – 10 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Empire Mall in Sioux Falls
Free Screenings and Activities--These are just a few of the screenings and activities that are going on at the Health Fair:
- Free Skin Cancer Screen (Friday from 1 – 4 p.m. & Saturday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Free Blood Pressure
- Free Glucose Testing
- Free Diabetes Risk Assessment
- Free Body Mass Index
- Free Pulmonary Function Tests
- Free Children’s Area
- Free Stroke Risk Interview
- Free Dental Screening
- Free Flouride Varnish
- Free Smoking Cessation Counseling (Friday 2 – 5 p.m.)
- Free CPR Training (9 a.m., Noon and 3 p.m.)
- Free Animal Viewing by ZooExpress (Friday & Saturday from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
- Story Time with Usborne Books (11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.)
Screenings Also Available (minimal charge)
Blood Draw Screenings -- New Hours: Test will be offered from at 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm.)
- PSA (Prostate Cancer Screening): $20 (Screening available to men over 50 years)
- Full Chemistry Panel: $25 (12 hour fast required)
- Omega 3: $30
The Health and Fitness Fair also features a free children’s activity center. Kids will have the opportunity to view germs under a microscope and learn about good bone health at an X-Ray center. They will also be able to experiment with how germs spread when shaking hands, listen to their heart, give their doll or teddy bear an exam at the teddy bear clinic and more.
Informational exhibits will address topics including parenting issues, car seat safety, sleep disorders, asthma, health food benefits and much more.
Demonstrations on Saturday, March 27 in the Macy’s Wing
- SDCHIP Child ID Program
- Indoor Triathalon - Register online at www.sanfordhealth.org
Stacy Bauer Jones | Media Relations Coordinator
(605) 328-7056 | email@example.com