- Jon Larson, M.D., family medicine, MeritCare Detroit Lakes (team leader)
- Brian Skjerseth, PT, physical therapy, MeritCare Broadway Health Center
- Ann Baumeister, CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist), anesthesiology, MeritCare Hospital
- Susan Greene, CRNA, anesthesiology, MeritCare Hospital and MeritCare South University
- Group is leaving at 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 5, from Hector International Airport, Fargo.
- They are scheduled to arrive at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 6, in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, and will then take a bus to their destination at Barahona, Dominican Republic, which is approximately 30 miles from the Haitian border.
- Team will stay for approximately one week.
- Sanford Health & MeritCare has coordinated a medical and supply relief operation, beyond a $25,000 donation already contributed through the American Red Cross, to help with medical needs.
- The Sanford Health & MeritCare team has partnered with Children Of The Nations International (COTNI), a reputable organization in the Haiti area with a facility and assets to help set up operations and assist with medical attention. For more information about COTNI, please visit http://www.cotni.org.
- The disaster has resulted in a lot of crush injuries, including open wounds with the possibility of infection.
- The team will be donating medications and supplies.
- Sanford Health & MeritCare has established a "Haiti Relief Fund" through their Foundations.
- If you wish to make a contribution to support the efforts of Sanford Health & MeritCare, make your check payable to either the Sanford Health Foundation or MeritCare Foundation, write "Haiti Medical Relief Effort" on the memo line and send to the Foundation office at MeritCare Foundation, P.O. Box MC, Fargo, ND 58122-0302.