The community is gathering to kick-off the holiday season and raise money for an important cause. Friday, Nov.20, starts the two-day MeritCare Foundation's Festival of Wreaths celebration. This 25th anniversary event will fill the Ramada Plaza Suites Crystal Ballroom in Fargo with the smells, sounds and ambiance of the holiday season.
The community is gathering to kick-off the holiday season and raise money for an important cause. Friday, Nov.20, starts the two-day MeritCare Foundation's Festival of Wreaths celebration. This 25th anniversary event will fill the Ramada Plaza Suites Crystal Ballroom in Fargo with the smells, sounds and ambiance of the holiday season. Events include shopping, English Tea at Three, Girls' Night Out, breakfast and lunch events with Santa, a formal gala and more.
Proceeds from this year's event will be used by MeritCare Roger Maris Cancer Center to fund embrace – a survivorship program
that helps cancer survivors thrive by connecting survivors with each other through support groups, classes and online chat rooms, where patients facing cancer can find hope within each other. Embrace also empowers survivors to heal through a comprehensive survivorship clinic, volunteer opportunities and survivor events. The program also educates survivors and caregivers about resources available through an interactive Web site and survivor binder.
Festival of Wreaths is open to the public, although reservations are required for all events. Tickets/reservations are available by calling the MeritCare Foundation at (701) 234-6190 or (800) 437-4010, ext. 6190, weekdays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m or by visiting festivalofwreaths.meritcare.com.
Following is the line-up of this year's events:
- Open House Shopping Extravaganza, Friday, Nov. 20, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 21, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Early shoppers receive a 15 percent discount at MeritCare Gifts' Holiday Shop on Friday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Shops: Alpine Village features miniature trees and gingerbread houses created by local chefs and artists. The MeritCare Gifts' Holiday Shop is filled with an assortment of decorations and other holiday-related items. A quick lunch is available on Friday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- A silent auction is available throughout the weekend festivities.
- English Tea at Three, Friday, Nov. 20, 3-4:30 p.m. Tickets: $25, reservations required. An afternoon social to include a traditional English tea experience as presented by the British Club of Fargo-Moorhead.
- Girls' Night Out, Friday, Nov. 20, 6:30 p.m. Tickets: $35, reservations required. This event includes a style show, wine, hors d'oeuvres, entertainment and shopping.
- Breakfast or Pizza with Santa, Saturday, Nov. 21, 9 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. Tickets: $15 adults, $12 children 10 and under. Reservations required. Children have the opportunity to dine with Santa, sing songs and receive a gift bag.
- Gala, Saturday, Nov. 21, 6:30 p.m. social, 8 p.m. dinner. Tickets: $100 per person, reservations required. A gourmet dinner followed by an exciting, live auction filled with unique holiday items.