To help people live fuller, healthier and more active lives, MeritCare is offering Living Well Workshops. The workshops are for anyone with ongoing health problems and their support people. Participants will learn important skills such as problem solving, goal setting, relaxation techniques, and ways to deal with difficult emotions, pain, fatigue and stress. Living Well was developed by Stanford University; research has shown that the workshop is extremely effective in helping people achieve better health, less time in the hospital, and a more active lifestyle. As one participant said, "It's like hiring a personal manager to take charge of you life, and that manager is you."
Free six-week workshops are being held in Fargo/Moorhead:
- Thursdays, Sept. 3-Oct. 8, 6:30-9 p.m., MeritCare Southpointe, 2400 32nd Ave. S., Fargo
- Mondays, Sept. 14-Oct. 19, 9-11:30 a.m., Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, 4000 28th St. S., Moorhead
- Mondays, Sept. 14-Oct. 19, 6-8:30 p.m., MeritCare South University, 1720 University Dr. S., Fargo
- Wednesdays, Sept. 16-Oct. 21, 9-11:30 a.m., St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, 601 15th Ave. N., Moorhead
- Mondays, Sept. 21-Oct. 26, 6-8:30 p.m., Fargo Public Library (Main Building), 102 N. 3rd St., Fargo
- Tuesdays, Sept. 29-Nov. 3, 6-8:30 p.m., Horace Mann Roosevelt Elementary (Roosevelt Campus), 1026 10th St., Fargo
- Wednesdays, 1-3:30 p.m., Sept. 30-Nov. 4, YWCA, 3000 University Dr. S., Fargo
- Thursdays, 5:30-8 p.m., Oct. 15-Nov. 19, MeritCare Southpointe, 2400 32nd Ave. S., Fargo
- Thursdays, 5:30-8 p.m., Oct. 15-Nov. 19, Family HealthCare Center, 306 4th St. N., Fargo
- Tuesdays, 9-11:30 a.m., Oct. 20-Nov. 24, Calvary United Methodist Church, 4575 45th St. S., Fargo
- Tuesdays, 2-4:30 p.m., Oct. 20-Nov. 24, Trinity Lutheran Church, 210 7th St. S., Moorhead
- Mondays, 1:30-4 p.m., Oct. 26-Nov. 30, West Acres Community Room, 3902 13th Ave. S., Fargo
- Tuesdays, 6:30-9 p.m., Nov. 3-Dec. 8, Lashkowitz High Rise 101 2nd St. S., Fargo
- People with different types of ongoing health problems attend together.
- Living Well is facilitated by two trained leaders who are peers, meaning that they too live with ongoing health problems.
- Registration is required; call MeritCare at (701) 234-5570 or (877) 234-4240.
- Workshops are also held in locations throughout the region, for a complete list of all fall workshops click here.