With access to the latest clinical research trials available nationally and internationally, patients at Sanford Children’s are able to receive life-saving and life-altering treatment without traveling to large metropolitan areas.
Pediatric research activities at Sanford Children’s occur both in the clinic and in the lab, with the goal to help find cures for childhood diseases and illnesses.
Some of these research activities include:
- Finding a cure for type 1 diabetes through The Sanford Project
- Access to the latest in pediatric cancer research studies and clinical trials as South Dakota’s only National Cancer Institute-sponsored Children’s Oncology Group (COG) member
- Cutting-edge clinical research trials in cystic fibrosis as the state’s only Therapeutics Development Center (TDC) site through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Pediatric clinical trials to better assess and treat a multitude of conditions including asthma, diabetes, PKU and more
- A longitudinal study of the environmental influences within a NICU environment led by Dennis Stevens, MD