Closing ceremony: 12:30-1:30 p.m., MeritCare Hospital, 801 Broadway N., auditorium
- Dr. Gilbertson, MeritCare president and CEO, will give an address.
- A time-capsule will be sealed by this year's Children's Miracle Network champion Matthew Garberg of Moorhead, Minn.
- Unveiling of the eternal flame, an outdoor sculpture in MeritCare's healing garden. Please note, photos of the unveiled eternal flame will be shown at the event.
- Dr. Gilbertson will give an address.
- Dan Hannaher, past chair of MeritCare Foundation Board of Directors, will give an address.
- The eternal flame is intended to honor those that have come before and those that continue to give of themselves in support of MeritCare. It will serve as a reminder of MeritCare's commitment to patients and exceptional health care.
- The eternal flame was designed by MeritCare employee, Matt Thompson, and built by Standard Industries.
- LThe eternal flame is a special gift from the family, friends and colleagues of Carol Hinz, R.N., with additional support from the MeritCare Endowment Fund.
Lighting Ceremony: 5:30-6 p.m., MeritCare Hospital, 801 Broadway N., main entrance and healing garden. Lighting of the eternal flame.