Kohl's, 4444 13th Ave. S., Fargo, has been a great partner to Safe Kids Fargo/Moorhead by raising and donating over $150,000 since their partnership began in 2003. On Thursday at 4 p.m. Kohl's will continue its support of the local Safe Kids program by donating a check for over $33,000. The donated money is crucial to help sustain the program, which to date has checked over 4000 car seats, held over 230 safety related events, and spent thousands of manpower hours to educate the community on how to keep kids safe.
- Safe Kids Fargo/Moorhead works to prevent accidental childhood injury, the leading killer of children 14 and under, and is a member of Safe Kids Worldwide, a global network of organizations dedicated to preventing accidental injury.
- According to Safe Kids Worldwide, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of injury death for children ages 1-14 and the second leading cause of injury death for children ages 0-1.
- National Safe Kids Worldwide states that "correctly used child safety seats decrease the risk of death by 71 percent for infants and 54 percent for toddlers."
- MeritCare Children's Hospital and Kohl's are sponsors of Safe Kids Fargo/Moorhead.
- For more information on Safe Kids, visit safekids.org.