Attend a fitness fun night in your community by joining our Go 100 for Health. We have walks and events scheduled across the region. The health tip this week has you working out without the work.
Mark Your Calendars to Attend Your Community's Fitness Fun Nights! Fargo:
Monday, August 11, 6 p.m. Island Park Pool 616 1st Ave S
(note time and location change) Learn More Bemidji, MN:
Tuesday, August 12, 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Bemidji State University
Meet at Gillette Rec/Fitness Center Learn MoreChristine, ND:
Monday, August 11, 6 p.m. 105 5th St Christine, ND Learn MoreEast Grand Forks, MN:
Monday, August 11, 7 p.m. MeritCare East Grand Forks, 929 Central Ave. NW Learn More Tell us about your week - Win Prizes!!
Five lucky winners received prizes for completing the last survey. Enter
your healthy choices you made into this survey to win prizes. Winners
will receive their prizes in the mail.
(Note: This survey will close Monday, August 11, 2008 at 5:00 p.m.) Take the SurveyStretching and Posture
Read about the importance of stretching and posture in the meritcare.com Health Library:StretchingTo stretch or not to stretch, that is the questionCore stabilizationStretching
* Regular stretching is a powerful part of any exercise program
* Stretching increases flexibility and improves range of motion
* Stretching promotes better posture and can help relieve stress
* Start with a warm up by walking and gently pumping your arms
* Posture: wear comfortable low soled shoes for prolonged standing
* Align ears, shoulders, hips with slightly bent knee, slight pelvic curl
* Proper chair position and height
* Use your eyes to look down not your neck.
* Objects used frequently should be within reach, 10 inches from your body
* Stand and move around at least once every two hours
Pass this message along to friends and tell them it is not too late to
sign up! Visit 100years.meritcare.com