Go 100 for Health Update
Fargo's Monday Night Fitness Night at Island Park Pool was canceled due to weather. Fargo participants will gather at MeritCare Southpointe thru Sept. 8 at 7 p.m. Bemidji had another great night with 99 people attending this week's event. While not even half way into their challenge, they reported that the group has walked over 52,000 miles – well on the way to exceeding the goal of 100,000 miles in 100 days.
Monday, August 18, 7 p.m. MeritCare Southpointe 2400 32nd Ave S
Remember that every time you attend, you are entered in the drawing for weekly doorprizes and the grand prize–a weekend get-away hotel package in Minneapolis and a 6 month membership at MeritCare Lifelong Fitness.
Tuesday, August 19, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Paul Bunyan Telephone 1831 Anne St. NW
Monday, August 18, 6 p.m. 105 5th St Christine, ND
Detroit Lakes, Minn.
Monday, August 18, 5:15 p.m.
MeritCare Clinic Detroit Lakes 1245 Washington Avenue
Tell us about your week - Win Prizes!!
Five lucky winners received prizes for completing the last survey. Enter
your healthy choices you made into this survey to win prizes. Winners
will receive their prizes in the mail.
(Note: This survey will close Monday, August 18, 2008 at 5:00 p.m.) Take the Survey
Intellectual Health - Exercising your Brain
Learn about Intellectual Health in the meritcare.com Health Library:
- Intellectual pursuits keep middle-aged minds sharp
- Corporate Fitness: Finding balance and the keys to maintaining a healthy workplace
Tips for Better Intellectual Health
- Have your mind be challenged and engaged in interaction with the world around you
- Curiosity and learning
- Exercise your brain (word games, crosswords, puzzles, playing cards)
- Read a Book
- Learn an activity that engages you (knitting, art, building things)
- Aging can bring forgetfulness, so exercise your brain
- Exercise for as little as 10 minutes a day and eat foods loaded with antioxidants
Pass this message along to friends and tell them it is not too late to
sign up! Visit 100years.meritcare.com